International Commercial Arbitration
The practice of commercial arbitration in Hispanic America, its benefits, opportunities and challenges for companies and their legal advisors in the pursuit of justice.
Duration 108 hours over 18 weeks Online modality
Arbitration has taken on increased importance in Latin America as a tool for settling disputes. This certification course focuses on arbitration in the region, with the aim of connecting practitioners, providing feedback and improving practice. We start with a network of professors (from Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Spain, Switzerland, Peru, the USA, among others), and teach the key elements of arbitration using a pragmatic approach.
Intended for lawyers from different areas, including litigators, company lawyers, corporate officers, notaries, government officials, academics, among others.
- Horizontal vision and the ABCs of contracts (CISG and UNIDROIT)
- The arbitration agreement
- Laws that apply to arbitration
- Law as it applies to contracts
- Jurisdiction of the arbitration court and organization of the procedure
- Establishment and organization of the arbitration court
- Development, presentation and examination of evidence in hearings
- Preparation of written communications and the Arbitration Ruling
- Damage claims and their assessment
- The role of National Courts in the arbitration proceeding
- Appeal of arbitration rulings, recognition and execution of arbitration rulings
- Investor-state arbitration
- Administered arbitration – Presentation of different regulations
- Intellectual property arbitration
- Commercial arbitration between states (WTO)
- Sports arbitration
- Other special kinds of arbitration
- Hearing a hypothetical arbitration case and closing lecture: The Practice of Arbitration
By the end of the program
Participants will receive training aimed at helping them to implement or improve their arbitration practice, including:
The experience of continuous education learning
Our educational proposal approaches learning as a process centered on the student, who constructs by:
Experience a meaningful process, through updated programs that undergo ongoing improvement.
Transform yourself to transform your environment.
Reflection - Action
Question, generate and practice new alternative solutions to today's challenges.
Enhance your process by building learning communities, networks and joint projects.
Learn with experts who advise and guide you, and give you feedback throughout your process.
Have an impact on your local reality by applying a global vision.
You might also be interested in other programs, such as: